Annapolis Police Foundation Strategic Plan (2022-2025)
To support the Annapolis Police Department directly with resources to strengthen it and augment its services to the community.
A trusted stakeholder for the Annapolis Police Department, and dynamic influence for community safety.
Proactively engage business leaders and other private sector donor sources to provide extra-budgetary support for law enforcement needs and community outreach programs.
Integrity: We will operate ethically, transparently, and without conflict of interest or appearance.
Diversity: We will seek membership which reflects our community.
Dedication: We will serve with commitment to our mission and its implementations.
Service: We will operate with a heart for helping.
Accountability: We will carefully and responsibly manage Foundation funds with clear audit trails.
Fairness: We will be impartial in our actions and our decisions.
Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: Optimize funding.
Fundraising is the heartbeat of our mission. It is the Goal that enables all others.
– Objective 1: Increase revenues from businesses and private donors.
– Objective 2: Increase revenues from grants and charitable foundations.
– Objective 3: Increase revenues from Foundation fundraising events.
Goal 2: Support the Annapolis Police Department’s efforts to earn public trust and cooperation.
Engagement with the community is central to both Department and Foundation success.
– Objective 1: Enable community outreach events sponsored by the Department.
– Objective 2: Assist the Department in community policing awareness.
Goal 3: Develop and sustain the Foundation.
Organizational excellence, as demonstrated by a sound organizational framework, effectiveness, efficiency, and customer satisfaction, translates funding into desired public safety outcomes.
– Objective 1: Establish or enhance frameworks for governance, management, fundraising, programs, procurement, and disbursements.
– Objective 2: Enhance ties to the Department to earn its trust and better understand its needs.
– Objective 3: Increase effectiveness and efficiency with tools, process improvement, and best practices.
Goal 4: Strengthen our Board.
A Board with committed members diverse in gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, perspectives, and talents, ensures the Foundation is focused on its mission.
– Objective 1: Recruit and retain members committed to the Department and Foundation missions, and who are willing and able to participate in its management or activities.
– Objective 2: Develop members’ knowledge of police foundations with training and education.
Goal 5: Promote the interests of the Annapolis Police Department.
Foundation resources are no substitute for adequate municipal funding, especially in support of Department outreach programs that implement community policing.
– Objective 1: Highlight and recognize exceptional accomplishments of the Department.